Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.
Malaysian artist Lim Zhi Wei adorns her watercolors entitled “ Flowergirls” with real flowers, to a stunning effect.
Please don’t expect me to always be good and kind and loving. There are times when I will be cold and thoughtless and hard to understand.
1. Sing, even if you can’t.
2. Extra cheese is always worth the little extra charge.
3. Never go to bed angry.
4. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
5. Happiness CAN be contagious.
6. The eyes are the windows to one’s soul.
7. Always take time to make phone calls over texts when you can. It’s nice to hear their voice.
8. “I love you” can be said without any words.
9. Always take the chance to try something new. Whether it be food, books, music, or an activity.
10. Home is a person, not a place.
Call me at 4 am, and tell me it’s because you want to hear my voice.
Nothing will ruin your 20’s more than thinking you should have your life together already.